BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Wicked Salvation: 3 Day Countdown!

Wicked Salvation releases in 3 days!!!

I'm excited! It's true I get excited every time a book comes out because it doesn't happen every day, but Griff's book turned out to be so much fun, that I can't wait to share it with everyone.

I'm all about the characters. I usually have them before I get anything else about the story, but until I write the hero and heroine interacting with each other, I never know exactly what I'm going to get. I mean, I've had Griff in my head for two books, so I knew he was gruff and could be a jerk, but that he also was someone who took care of others.

I knew his heroine, Cat, needed help. I didn't have her personality. In my mind, I pictured her meekly approaching Griff and trying to hire him.

And then I wrote this scene in Wicked Intention and it blew my assumptions out of the water.

But I still didn't have Cat's personality.

And then a friend helped me write the initial blurb for Wicked Salvation.

Cat Jasarevic needs a mercenary. Fast. Her best chance at finding one? El Taller—a seedy soldier-for-hire hang out. Walking into that bar alone? Maybe not the safest choice. But she’s smart. She knows how to use a gun. She can take care of herself. An illusion instantly shattered when a mercenary who’s tall, gorgeous and deadly tosses her over his shoulder and hauls her out the door. Now she’s got two problems—this dangerous stranger who’s attached himself to her hip…and the way her pulse jumps every time he gets too close.

Just that easily, I had a handle on Cat and her reaction to being hauled out of the bar. She wasn't scared, she wasn't worried, she was furious! And so began the interplay between her and Griff.

I always imagined Griff curtailing his surliness with his heroine, but he doesn't have to do this with Cat. He can be himself and know that she's going to give as good as she gets. These two were dishing it out left and right and Griff even thinks at one point how glad he is that she sasses back because he'd feel guilty if she didn't.

Yeah. These two actually ended up being perfect for each other. Maybe their relationship isn't sweet music and gentle words, but it works for them. :-)

Wicked Salvation is available for preorder right now and will release on Sunday, August 29th. The price will be $3.99 for two weeks after it comes out and then it will increase to its regular price of $4.99.