BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, September 09, 2021

Last Call for Fan Pricing!

If you've been trying to decide whether or not to buy a copy of Wicked Salvation, the time is now! Fan pricing, which gives you a 20% discount, ends on Sunday. So definitely order a copy before the price goes up. Saving money is always cool. :-)

The response to Griff and Cat has been overwhelmingly positive. Thank you to everyone who took the time to review the book or to let me know how much they enjoyed the story! I appreciate it so much!

I was thinking about the love scene between Griff and Cat the other night. Of all the heroes I've written in the past, I would have expected Griff to be the last one who'd be this playful. And yet--as I wrote it--it fit him and Cat perfectly.

Or as one of them would say: It's just us. :-)

Characters, their personalities, and how things shift throughout a story can be super interesting. Take JT and Cat again. When they first arrive at the apartment early in the story, Griff is happy to take her to bed. In fact, he would have if Kyle hadn't interrupted them.

But later in the book, he's the one saying no. At first it's because he doesn't want to be a distraction for her, a way to forget. Later, however, it's because she means something to him now and he doesn't want her to look back at their time together with regret.

I didn't realize it as I wrote it, but now, when I look back to the love scene, I realize there was more revealed here than I noticed at first. The playfulness is part of it. He can relax his control with her enough to be lighthearted. But also one of the endearments he uses is telling. It's Spanish and she doesn't understand what it means, but he won't explain it. It slipped past me, too. I figured it was just part of the playfulness, but it was more than that.

And if you haven't read Wicked Salvation yet, you are probably confused now. This is where I encourage you (again) to pick up your copy before the price goes up this coming weekend. And if you enjoyed the story, please consider leaving a review. It helps so much with the algorithms on Amazon.