BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Office Chaos

Every time I clean and organize my office, I swear that this time it will stay organized. There will be no clutter. I loathe clutter. There is no clutter in my house--anywhere except my office.

I don't know how it happens.

Some of it is yarn related. I either need to knit faster, stop buying yarn, or figure out a way to create more space in the closet under the stairs.

Now I'm starting to accrue material as I try to learn how to sew. Material, an extremely large cutting mat, and big ruler.

I also bought some plastic storage containers to help organize my office and those are taking up space along with candles, and notebooks, and books, and index cards from when I thought that was my brilliant planning idea, and my packet of calendar pages I use to track time in The Paladin League series. Pens. Post-it notes. This year's planner. Next Year's planner. Well, the list goes on and on.

The thing that's so frustrating about this is that clutter short circuits my brain and I can't concentrate as well because it bothers me so much. And yet my office looks like this. Again.

I'm hopeful this time that the storage bins I bought will help me keep things in control. Who knows? Miracles happen.

I'm writing this post on Saturday, and when I finish, I'm tackling the office. I'm not looking forward to this.

ETA: Apparently it's going to take more than a few hours to whip this room into shape. It's better, but some of the improvement is stop gap.