BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, November 11, 2021

2022 Planner Time

It's time to setup my 2022 planner. Actually, it's past time since I've had it for more than a month now (I think), but I switched planner companies and this one shipped immediately. My usual planner is being sent out now. I'm in their Facebook group and saw the announcement.

I'm pretty bummed about having to switch planners, but as I blogged about previously, my usual planner has junked up the page with so much busy work that it took away space from the items I use. And because of my personality and the way I'm wired, I'd be forced to fill in all that data even if none of it works for me. Just a very frustrating situation.

My new planner is larger in size. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. But the big issue is all the extra stickers I'm going to need to make. Things that were printed into my old planner and that I use are not in this new planner (like keeping track of water and vitamins). I decided the trade off was worth it, but it means a longer setup time and more preparation is required.

My troubles continued with my weekly planner that I use for my day job. I didn't want to spend a lot of money for one, but trying to find a vertical weekly that was cheap proved to be unusually difficult. Everything cheap was horizontal. I don't like horizontal. I also insist on spiral bound.

I finally ended up going with the same weekly planner I bought last year, which isn't cheap-cheap, but it was on sale, so better than it could have been. There is no setup for this. I just open it and use it.

But planner setup takes hours, and this year, it will take even longer since I have all kinds of new stickers to print and apply to the pages. I'm thinking maybe I'll do it over the long Thanksgiving weekend because I won't be so pressed for time. I hope.