BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Missing Mojo

I lost my knitting mojo.

It disappeared when I put everything aside to work on finishing Wicked Salvation. First there was the power writing stretch, then multiple rounds of revisions, then copy edits, then publishing and there simply wasn't time to knit.

Then when I did have time again, nothing interested me. Certainly not the shawl with the very repetitive and boring pattern. Not the other shawl with a lot of futzy, PITA stitches that were interesting at first, but became repetitive. And not any of the other projects I'd started.

There's something so relaxing about settling down in the evening with a project and relaxing, watching a movie, and knitting. That's why I began knitting--to reduce my stress and anxiety.

Maybe this is why I'm doing sewing right now. It's all new and it's creative. Not as relaxing as knitting, that's for certain. And while I improved dramatically with my second knot bag, my ability to sew T-shirts remains dismal. I had to rip out the stitches on another collar and (again) I made holes in the fabric. :-(


This picture is the second knot bag. To see pictures of the first, you can check out this blog post.

I don't know if my difficulty in sewing T-shirts is because they're knit and the bags are easier because they're cotton, which is woven or not. Both have curved seams involved and neither seems particularly difficult, but I struggle anyway. I'm hoping the third time is the charm with the T-shirt. It's sure not the second time like with the bag. :-/

Anyway, I miss knitting. I want to feel excited to work on something again. In the meantime, I guess I'll struggle with sewing and do some writing.