BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Medal and All

I mentioned almost being finished with my virtual walk around Iceland. I did finish and I received my medal! I wish the picture would have turned out better, but I didn't mess around with lights or anything. 

Anyway, I walked 828 miles or 1332 kilometers in, well, it took forever!

I've moved on to a virtual walk around the Cote d'Azur and it's much shorter, only 161 kilometers. In fact, I was so used to the snail's pace of progress on the Iceland walk, that it's a little shocking that in a matter of two weeks or so, I'm already close to the halfway point. I'm enjoying this so much more because I like to see progress.

I think I mentioned in my previous post about this that I wanted to do the Sun as a virtual walk. I signed up for it and I'm supposed to be doing it now, but I hate the app. There are no words for how much I hate it. Trying to enter my steps manually has been nothing except frustration.

If I decide to tackle the rest of the Solar System races, I'll do it without recording anything on their app. The Conqueror's Challenge app is quick and easy to use. Not that it wasn't without its challenges. The reason I'm entering my steps manually is because that app kept messing up my Fitbit count. Seriously, it was way off. Maybe the Sun would be better auto recorded? But I'm reluctant to allow them permission to access my data.

Anyway, Ring Road (AKA Iceland) is in my rear view mirror and now I'm walking the South of France. I love these virtual races/walks. Maybe a little too much. I'm thinking about buying a medal rack to hold them all. I've got a bunch now (including the 5K I did live and in person before the pandemic) and have more in the wings.