BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Easter Island--Check!

My latest medal is ready to go on my medal hanger--if I could come up with a location inside my house to put the medal hanger. I thought I had an good idea, but it's above a light switch that controls the lights and a ceiling fan. I figured with my luck, I'd hit some wiring and cause a problem, so it's back to the drawing board.

But I did a walk around part of Easter Island! This was a short course, so it didn't take very long to finish it. I think I blogged about this already, but I wanted to share the picture of the medal (left).

BTW, I received no compensation of any kind for this post. The website is on the card that the medal comes on and I'm too lazy to crop the picture. :-)

The Easter Island medal is cool, but the course itself wasn't as awesome as most of the other ones I did. You see, most of the courses include Google Street View and part of the fun of these races is going into Street View every day and looking around. Sort of like I'd actually stopped to rest in real life, you know?

Easter Island had no Street Views available. That I'm aware of at least. I stopped checking about halfway through the course because there was never anything there. Disappointing, but now I'm on to my next challenge, The Great Ocean Road. This is a walk along the southern coast of Australia and it does have Street View. :-)

I've actually been to Australia, but while we did the east coast and some of the interior (Ayres Rock, Alice Springs, etc), I've never been to the southern part of the country. I'm finding myself wanting to go back and visit that part of the country.

Some day, I guess. For now, it's only virtual.