BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

The Medal Dilemma

I've shared pictures of the medals I've earned here in the past. More than once. The one I'm most proud of is the one I did in person. There's something extra special about that in-person, race-day experience, but I'm loving the different virtual races, too.

I mean really loving the virtual medals.

It's a nice little mood boost that makes all the time spent in the gym seem a little easier. A little more fun. Before the pandemic, I only knew of one virtual race company. Since then, I've found many more and I've tried more than one of them.

And now my medals are becoming a problem.

I'd been looping them around the corners of the mirror attached to one of the dressers in my bedroom, but I'm running out of room and I can't see some of them because they're piled on top of each other.

And then I saw a medal holder advertised. I didn't know they made them! I searched on Amazon, but saw complaints about a lot them bending because they weren't made strong enough. (These were all made of metal.) Then I thought of Etsy. Surely someone in the US was making strong medal holders, right?

They were! And I saw a couple I really liked and then I spotted the wooden one. I looked at review after review, picture after picture.

It had a choice of colors, including turquoise. It had a choice of lettering fonts. It had an upgrade option to make it larger to hold more medals. It had a saying that I could get behind 100%. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

I was sold. It arrived today and I attached the hooks immediately and took a picture. I think I figured out where to hang it, so now it's just a matter of finding the time to do it. And then I can hang all my medals and enjoy looking at them. I'll probably share a picture of them when I have it up.