BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Ouch!

 

I've had cracks in my master bathroom tile for a while. I did have someone come out before the pandemic to get an estimate, but they never got back to me despite contacting them several times. And then the pandemic hit and it went on the back burner.

Well, it came off the back burner when I saw there were gaps in the grouting in the shower. Now this is a handle right away problem because moisture back there can lead to mold and I don't want mold.

And now I'm having my master bathroom taken apart and fixed.

Ouch!

The job was bigger (and more expensive) than I expected it to be, but instead of just taking out the floor, sealing it, and replacing it and regrouting the shower, everything has to come out. Everything. I'll be getting a brand new shower, a brand new floor, but keeping my cabinets and counter and tub. All the tile is going. The shower door will be replaced, too.

Part of me is excited to get a bathroom that will be more my style. The one that was in the house when I bought it isn't me. It's done mostly in brownish/beigeish tile and has a very traditional feel. I changed the lights before I moved in and swapped out the toilet paper holder. I kind of wish I was replacing the cabinets and tub, too, but the cost is already more than I wanted to see, so I can live with them. I told the guy doing the restoration that when I bought the house, the only thing in the bathroom that I liked was the counter.

I will do some before and after pictures and talk about it here on the blog. But seriously? Did I need this when I'm trying to get a book ready for release? Wicked Deception is available August 15th.