BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Bathroom: Final

I don't know what I'm more excited about: Wicked Deception being available or my bathroom being finished.

It took two and a half weeks to get my shower door. They were originally supposed to come on Monday, but didn't show up until Wednesday. And then I couldn't use the shower for 24 hours because I had to wait for the silicone to set.

And then I could finally, finally shower in my own bathroom again and it was glorious!


I went with a frameless shower door. It's my first and it's taking a little getting used to, but it's so pretty and so contemporary looking that I like it. The contractor expanded the shower by a couple of inches, maybe less than that, and it makes it feel huge! Part of that could also be because I was using my dad's bathroom and his shower was smaller than my original shower was.

I'll admit it. I still will stop and stare at it, totally in awe. My original bathroom tile--heck, the entire bathroom--was so brown. I'm not an earth-tone person. I'm sleek and bright and modern and clean lines. We lightened up the paint, which I love. It's got a touch (just a touch) of yellow in it and it feels so happy and airy. And even though the shower is taking up a little more space, the bathroom feels bigger now than it did before.

I've had to make a few adjustments. I have a niche now instead of a corner shelf, and while I like the look better, it's given me less space than I had. I have a squeegee I keep in the shower and it's held up with a suction cup. And won't stick to the tile because there's a texture. I almost hated to put it up on the glass. I did this in my old shower and didn't think twice, but the new one.... It's so pretty.

There are also two plastic suction cup soap trays I had up on the glass. Those I haven't put up and I need them. I found a stainless steel one online with two soap trays connected to each other and I ordered that. One less suction cup on my glass and better looking than the plastic.

So there you go. The last installment of my renovation adventures.

Well, sort of.

The contractor forgot to paint the ceiling in the water closet area. I'm trying to get him to come out and finish it. We've had three no-shows so far. Will there be another bathroom adventure blog post? Stay tuned.