BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, October 04, 2022

MIA: Hide and Seek

I'm usually a fairly organized person, but when it comes to my craft supplies, all bets are off.

It's not that I don't want to be organized. It's more that I don't have the right storage. And I have no room to put my yarn and sewing supplies. Not on the main floor anyway.

In the spring (I didn't realize it was that long ago!) I found a pattern for a pencil pouch that I wanted to try sewing. Maybe I should just call it a pouch because I was planning on using it for something other than pens and pencils. So this pouch required fusible foam interfacing to give the bag structure. I ordered some online.

Fast forward to Saturday. I finally had some time to try sewing. I pulled out my pattern, the cotton fabric, and the zippers I'd bought. Then I went looking for my foam interfacing. I couldn't find it.

I went to my order history and there it was. Delivered on April 30th in the same shipment as my zippers. The zippers were in my office, but no foam interfacing.

I searched the storage closet under the stairs. That's where most of my crafting supplies are jammed. No luck.

The hunt included checking the office closet, the drawers of my filing cabinet, and all the bookshelves. No luck.

I had my dad help me look. He checked all the same places and he had no luck either.

It wasn't a small thing either. It was 30 inches by 60 inches, and even folded, it had to be at least 10 by 10. I finally gave up and ordered a new package. It'll be here Monday, but I don't know when I'll have time to sew again. I'll probably misplace the new package by then.

I didn't plan on spending my Saturday playing hide and seek with a package of fusible foam.