BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Say What?

After Christmas, I needed to return something to Amazon.

It was a cute pink rug that I thought would be awesome only when I received it, the color was more muted than I expected. That I could live with. What I couldn't live with was how slippery it was. My elderly father lives with me and the last thing I need is for him to slip and fall. So the rug had to go back.

Their return system is mostly slick. You click on return, get a QR code and bring the item to a UPS store to get shipped back for free.

What I don't like about this system? The receipt you get doesn't have the actual tracking number used for the package when it's returned. And secondly, once you hand it over to the UPS Store, it is completely out of your control.

Which is why the email from Amazon with the warning in it just gets me all mad. The warning? If they do not receive this product back, I will be charged for it.

My dudes, once I hand it over to the UPS Store and they scan that QR code, it should be considered 100% returned. I have zero control from that point on. If UPS doesn't return it, it's on them, not on me. Don't be sending me warnings and threats about charging me for an item that I returned following your instructions. For real.

I almost never return anything. I even thought about not returning this rug, but then I was like, what am I going to do with something this potentially dangerous?

Also, while I'm complaining about Amazon returns, what is with their drop down menu for why I'm returning the item? DID NOT LIKE was not one of my options. It should have been available. I had to pick some random reason that wasn't particularly accurate.

The thing that's crazy about this rug? It has tons of reviews, mostly 5 Star. And while I know some sellers game the system, it was several thousand reviews. I figured the rug would be fine. Not one person mentioned how slippery it was. I can't imagine that some kid hasn't been running and taken a header after losing traction on it, so huh?

Anyway, FYI Amazon, I did not appreciate your warning. Thank you very much.