BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Upping the Medal Count

Combining two virtual races on one post because they were very fast and how many posts like this can I make in a short period of time?

First up is the English Channel challenge. This was very short--only 21 miles or 33 kilometers. I believe it took me about a week to breeze through this one. I mostly did it because it was quick and after doing the seven month trek through northern Scotland, I still wanted short and sweet.

While this fit the bill on the length and time needed to complete, it didn't come with any street views and that is my favorite part of these online races.

After finishing the Channel, I debated with myself whether to do a medium length race or another short one. I chose another short one. The Inca Trail was 26 miles or 42 kilometers and another quick one.

However, despite the short time period, this was an awesome race. The street views were incredible and now I want to go online and find more pictures taken along this trail. Some of the shots I saw on the race were perfect for Puerto Jardin inspiration! In fact, I was doing screen captures of the street views on my phone, but the images are so tiny. Bigger pictures online will be better.

Next up? The Florida Keys. The challenge goes from Miami to Key West. This one is much longer than the three I just finished. According to the website (where I got all the distances from), this course is 125 miles or 201 kilometers. It's going to be a little while before I post a picture of this medal.