BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Tiny Little Notes

I've mentioned previously on the blog that I have a habit of writing myself little Post-it Notes that make sense when I jot the words down, but don't make sense months later when I find them again. This problem is also electronic as well.

I was looking for something in my notes app on my phone and started opening older ones. I have some that go back to before the pandemic.

The oldest note is 2017 and is a list of movies that were recommended.

2018 includes potential book titles that are probably lame, a list of potential character names that I'll probably never get to use since my heroes and heroines tell me what their name is, and instructions on how to delete old passwords off my work computer. Everything still makes sense.

And then we get to the cryptic ones. The ones that leave me scratching my head and going, what does this mean? I mulled it over for a while, decided I wasn't going to figure it out, and (believe it or not) deleted them!

Major victory! I usually hang on to things like this on the off chance that one day lightning will strike and I'll remember what I meant.

Next step? Try to put more information in my notes so they make sense months (or years) later.