BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Little Rewards and a Payoff

I've been thinking more about rewards for writing and achieving milestones in the manuscript. Medals don't work--and really, I'd need a whole lot of individual one because if they were the same, it wouldn't be interesting--but I decided maybe something else would.

Knitting needles and accessories!

I don't really need any more needles which means I can't really justify buying them. That's what makes this idea work. If I was going to buy them for myself anyway, then it wouldn't be a compelling reward.

I have a set of interchangeable needles where the cords make me insane. A friend told me that there's another brand with cords almost exactly like my very favorite ones--they're just a little expensive. Perfect as a reward! Now I have to earn them.

I decided that when I'm around the halfway point, I deserve a bigger reward. I have this great knitting needle case for one brand of needles. I'd like to buy that same style of case (in different material) for a different brand of needles. Again. I don't really need this, but I'd sure like it.

The reward for finishing the book? A set of short tip needles from my favorite needle company. They're expensive, but short tip is perfect for knitting sleeves and socks and other small items.

If this idea works, I'll have to figure out what to do for the next book because knitting needle needs are not limitless. It only feels that way.