BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Final Hours for Special Fan Pricing

This afternoon (Eastern Time), the price of Wicked Persuasion will be going up to it's regular, permanent price. If you'd like to save, pick up your copy right away!

I was sorting through the cloud folder to which my phone uploads photos because it was getting overwhelming and needed to be sorted. While I was going through the pictures, I found the original idea for Deck and Frankie's book.

What the idea was and what I wrote are basically the same. It's really not too surprising because I would have had weeks with this percolating in my head before putting anything down on paper, but I thought it was sort of interesting.

What surprised me is that I wrote it down before I finished Wicked Deception. I didn't remember this, but the picture I took has the date on it. I'm sort of surprised that I had such a clear idea of Persuasion when Deception was still being worked on.

I can tell you that this didn't happen with Wicked Suspicion, the next book in the Paladin League series. I knew who the hero and heroine would be, but I didn't know much more than that until Persuasion was in copy edits. Not just revisions, actual final, just before publication edits. I was writing the back cover copy while my copy editor was working.

Nyx and Case weren't nearly as helpful as Frankie and Deck, but since Frankie and Deck immediately went mute afterward and pushed me tight against my deadline, I'm hoping this means that the opposite will happen with the next book and that this hero and heroine will be cooperative. It's not looking good so far, but it's early yet.

Here's the original idea for Wicked Persuasion--the first time I wrote down anything about this story.

The picture has text which says: Special Forces Captain Decker Nguyen.

Deck had one night with Francesca--his best friend in college--and then ghosted her. By the time he realized it was the biggest mistake of his life, years had passed and it was too late.

Now the Special Forces team he leads is undercover and he's playing the role of mercenary--then he sees Francesca again. Deck wants a second chance, but he can't come clean about what he really is and Frankie has no time for mercenaries. Can he atone for ghosting her, win her back, and keep his team's operation on track?