BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, September 07, 2023

Chair Project: Mini Update

I'm feeling a little daunted right now.

The upholstery fabric arrived. I ordered two yards without really paying too much attention to how long the fabric was. It's almost as tall as I am. One yard would have been plenty. I guess I have a lifetime supply of chair covers.

Today, the upholstery thread, needles, and the twill tape arrived. It appears as if I'll be short on the twill tape, but I'm not sure I need it. I ordered it because the original office chair cover used it around the seams.

Now what?

I assume I roll it out and use the original cover as some kind of loose template? I need it slightly bigger since there's more cushion. I need the sides longer, too, for the same reason.

Gah!

I'm not in procrastination mode while I psych myself up to tackle this. Why did I think I (a brand new sewist) could do this?