BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Sunday Morning Horror

A few Sundays ago, I woke up, turned on the coffee maker, did a couple of things, and then returned to the kitchen to pour a cup and start the day. Something seemed...off about the coffee, but I dismissed it and poured. I added creamer and took a sip.

Tepid.

Tepid, lukewarm coffee. ::shudder::

I had to microwave it. I was hoping that it would heat up as it stayed on the warming plate, but no, it didn't. It was time to buy another coffee maker.

I knew same-day delivery would be too expensive, but I was hoping it was early enough to get next-day delivery. Luckily, it was. I looked at a few coffee makers, but ended up buying the same one that had died.

There were a few reasons. First, I didn't feel like researching coffee makers again. It could be an hours' long ordeal. Second, I was familiar with this coffee maker and knew how to set everything up. Relearning another coffee maker didn't sound fun. And third, I liked all the features this coffee maker had.

Monday morning wasn't much fun. I had to warm up coffee in the microwave again. It boiled over, which meant I had to clean the microwave. Sigh. The new machine couldn't get here quickly enough.

I expected the coffee maker to arrive at the house shortly after I got home from work, but it didn't. The delivery time remained by 10 pm. I needed it earlier than that! I needed to get it setup for Tuesday morning coffee. Thinking of another morning of microwaving my coffee was horrifying. It finally was dropped off at the door just before 7pm. Whew!

Fresh, hot coffee is back!