BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Decision Made

I'm sure after my previous post where I went on and on about 40 ounce water cups, that you're excited to see more, but I made a decision and ordered my cup. I went with the Brumate in the color verbena, which is a pink. Not my favorite neon pink like the cup in the picture to the left, but at least it's in the family.

Amazon actually got the cups in stock for like five minutes and I ordered right away. I went back to look and already there are only two colors still available.

I'm still lamenting not getting neon pink, but I'd really like to ditch the old Gatorade bottle I'm drinking water out of now and I had a gift card from Amazon so it made sense to buy it there while it was in stock. Rest assured, I will review the cup when it arrives in like two weeks. So much for two day shipping.

The picture in this post is the 22 ounce Brumate Toddy which I really love. I'd been debating getting the 32 ounce, and decided to just drift along with that for a while.

I was on the Brumate website, though, and saw it was last call for the 32 ounce size. Apparently they're not selling them any longer? I don't know for sure, but that's what it sounded like. They had the large Toddy on sale for 20% off. No neon pink available. Of course.

Amazon, though, had the 32 ounce Toddy in neon pink without the discount. But shipping was free and Brumate insists on charging a $1 fee to offset carbon and there's no way to get it out of the cart. I tried, but every time I went to check out, it was back. Because of the shipping fee and the carbon fee, the cost difference between 20% off on their site and full price at Amazon was around a buck. I decided it was worth a dollar for neon pink.

The 32 ounce Toddy might be too much coffee, but I don't have to fill it to the top, right? And I know this cup is leak proof, truly a toss-in-the-bag-and-go cup.