BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Coupon BS

I briefly mentioned this as I blogged about cups and more cups, but now I'm going to bitch about this in more length.

Brumate's coupon BS.

I'd been eyeing their cup for a while on Instagram and they had this spin the wheel and win a coupon thing. When I was ready to buy, I spun the wheel and got 10% off. My guess is everyone gets 10% off, and to my annoyance, I had to sign up for their newsletter to get that coupon. Argh!

But I decided to go ahead and do that because I was going to order the cup anyway and they'd probably put me on their newsletter list then, so at least I'd get a coupon out of the deal.

So I put in my order for an aqua cup (no longer available, of course) and go to check out. It won't take my coupon.

I try again. And again. Still no dice. I check the small print on the email with the code. Among the many, many caveats, it's not available for the Era cup I'm trying to order. Argh! and Grrr!

Now I'm irritated. (BTW, you should see the caveats on this coupon. It's probably applicable to like three products.) The next day, I get an email about my cart and then a second email with a 20% off coupon. Hmm. They know I ordered the Era since that's what I have sitting in my cart.

I was on my phone, and I prefer to order from my laptop, so I go to my office and bring the computer up and look at the email. And this time, before entering anything, I check the caveats at the end.

You guessed it. Not applicable to Era.

So my 20% off coupon is still usable for a few more days, but I can't apply it to any of the products I'm interested in ordering. Like for example, the large Toddy that's on sale because (of course) the coupon isn't good on sale products. Or bundles. Or sets. Or about a half dozen other things.

Seriously. If you're going to offer a coupon, I can accept some limitations, but they really limit it. I've never seen so many restrictions on a coupon before. I like the on product of theirs that I currently own and use, but boy they make it tough to actually buy anything from them without paying full price.