BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, March 07, 2024

Adventures with OneNote

Yes, I'm talking about OneNote again.

I began (and I mean barely) trying to merge my two Paladin League notebooks together. First, let me tell you that this is a totally miserable experience.

I did discover that about 85-90% of the content is identical. The problem is that I have to check each page to see if it is fully duplicated. This became tedious quickly.

If the content had been 100% the same, everything would be easier than what I'm dealing with because then I could just delete the page or section. Sadly, I can't do this.

I put an emoji in the title of the partial notebook so I can tell them apart at a glance because they are named the same. Why did it let me name the file the same thing? I have no clue.

I didn't make it far before I kind of gave up and decided I didn't have time for this project. This is going to have to be something I do in tiny pieces because UGH!

Also, I need to figure out why my other notebooks didn't show up in this version of OneNote when they are in the Windows 10 version of the app. Or maybe I should just not worry about the whys and simply figure out how to move them over. That's probably the best answer.

Anyway, I can't recommend this experience and I'm worried I'm going to zone out and delete something I need/want. More venting to come.