BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Show Me the Medals

Those who've followed the blog for a while might be wondering why I'm not sharing pictures of my medals.

For those who are new to the blog, I sign up for virtual challenges, and when I complete the distance, the company mails a racing medal to me. My favorite company is Conqueror Challenges. (I was not compensated for my mention of them in any way.)

Am I still doing these challenges? Absolutely.

Do I have any medals to share? Sadly, no.

What happened?

You see, they have this Amazon Rainforest course. There are two options for the length--100 miles or 1000 miles. The longer course is recommended for people who cycle or marathoners, but I signed up for the longer course because The Paladin League takes place in the rainforest and I wanted to see pictures. I missed the part where it said no street view was available.

So my one reason for signing up for the longer length didn't even happen and there are only 24 postcards along the route. A postcard is basically a picture with some facts about the image written in the style of what you might write on the back of a postcard. Like a really long postcard.

I tried to change to the shorter race since the app allows you to do that, but it didn't offer me my medal even though I was over the 100 miles by this point. Well, you guys know I wanted that medal, so I switched back to the 1000 mile course.

I'm plugging away at it, but I still have more than 400 miles to go to get my medal. This one is really going to mean something considering how hard I'm working for it.