BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Tote Bag Overload

One of the things I discovered during the great tote bag search was the ridiculous amount of things sellers expected women to carry in their totes.

(BTW, I'm set on my tote bag now. Thanks.)

So many of the tote bags I stumbled across lauded that I could carry my laptop, my iPad, my 40 ounce water cup, and ten million other things and they'd all fit in the tote!

This is not a selling feature. I do not want to carry that much stuff ever. I have a bag with wheels for my laptop and I transport other heavy things in there like my 32 ounce coffee mug. Why? Because it's got wheels! Filling a tote bag with all the crap these sellers are highlighting is a good way to shoulder and/or back pain.

All I wanted was two pockets with a key leash like in the picture above. This bag is light and it fits the right amount of stuff. The two pockets were perfect because I could carry my keys and my wallet in the tote bag and forget about a purse.

The bag I decided does have a laptop section and a section to slip the 40 ounce water cup/bottle, but I decided I didn't need to use them if I didn't want to and the size was close to the medium size I prefer. I'm glad this search is over!