BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Down the Rabbit Hole

Sometimes I scare myself with how quickly things escalate for me.

I was on YouTube and saw a video from a bullet journal vlogger who was talking about what she used her five notebooks for. I was curious since I have so many notebooks myself and watched.

She said the words "book journal."

My ears perked up. A book journal? That would be pretty awesome. 

I tried to rein myself back in. I know I'd never use a book journal. I'd start out with the best of intentions, but give up not too long into it. My inner voice said, yes, but what if you only did a book journal for nonfiction books? Yes, what if I did that? I have a slew of books related to writing and language that I've been meaning to read forever. What if a book journal got me to actually read them?

I jumped in with both feet.

I watched videos about book journaling. (I will blog about this later.) I decided that one of the dozens of A5 notebooks I own simply wouldn't work. I must have the 8x8 and placed an order. I didn't buy just one, I bought multiple. I have a lot of nonfiction books.

Next, I went looking for the silicone book spine stamp that so many book journalers use. It was out of stock everywhere I found it.

Hmm, I thought, I wonder if I could make my own silicone stamps?

The answer is yes, yes you can. After doing an online search, I found a company that makes them and a video on YouTube on how to do it. It didn't sound that hard. (Says the writer with no artistic abilities.)

Then I started wondering if I could make a silicone stamp for my planner to keep track of water, vitamins, sleep, etc. I found a great planner with full days for Saturday and Sunday, but I want these trackers.

I started thinking up all the other stamps I could use now that I know I can make my own.

And what if I combined scrapbook journaling with book journaling? My brain raced forward, thinking up all the cool new things I could do.

Then I went looking for items for my book journal. I found someone who'd made a printable bookcase with books on it which saves me from making my own. I also found someone who was selling scrapbook journal templates for things that would be awesome in my book journal, including expandable pockets for the inside of the covers.

Somewhere along the way, I stopped and laughed. I've been like this my entire life and no one suspected I had ADHD until I was tested this year? For real?