BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Reading Journal Theme

I've never been a big fan of steampunk. It's just never excited me in any fashion, so imagine my surprise when I became insistent that the decorating theme for my reading journal would be--steampunk.

I ordered a couple of journal books and one of them looks as if it would be absolutely perfect for a steampunk theme. I began searching out, and purchasing, images and had a friend help me, too.

I'm still waiting for my journals to arrive. They are scheduled to be delivered the day after tomorrow.

I can't use my Windows laptop yet because I'm still downloading files from my online backup. It's been running for five days and I'm only at 51%. (I seriously need to cull my files of the stuff I don't need or use.) And because I can't use my Windows laptop yet, I can't make stickers and all the other cool stuff I want to add to my reading journal.

Right now, I'm using my MacBook and the design software I have available here (Affinity) is new to me and I don't know how to use it. Just saving this title as a PNG file took an online search to figure out how to do it. I never did figure out how to crop a design in Affinity and ended up importing to my iPhone and editing in Photos. Sigh.

I'm still excited by the idea of my reading journal, but getting a little nervous that I'll fail at decorating it. I remember when I started scrapbooking, that my early pages looked horrible and that I got better as I went along. I'm sure it will be the same here, but it will annoy me to have it look amateurish.

The one thing I can do while I wait is make a list of the nonfiction books I want to read for this journal. Most of them are writing or language related. The problem is that I know I made a list of all my writing books and which eBook reader they're on (I have apps for Kindle, Kobo, iBooks, and then there is Audible writing books, too) and I have no idea where I put this list. No idea at all.

The only option is to make another list. Sigh.