BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Planner, Planner, Planner Update

Before the start of 2024, I posted that I'd somehow ended up with three planners for the year. I wanted to recap my experience with them around mid-year, but I forgot until now. I'm not going to talk about them in order.

(The picture to the left is just notebooks I own and not actual planners.)

Planner Three: This was the weekly planner with a lot of empty pages behind for notes and such. I blogged about it when I got it and I really liked it. I still really like the notebook part, but the calendar seemed like a burden to keep up with and the few times I referred to it, I hadn't filled in all the appointments/events.

However, I loved the paper for notes, and luckily for me, they sell notebooks without calendars. I've ordered four in various sizes to have on hand, but weekly planners just don't work for me and this one was no exception.

Planner Two: Is my usual planner, the one I've used since 2016. I still really like this planner, but I really need more space, especially on the weekends and they insist on Saturday and Sunday sharing a page. And yes, there is room in this daily planner to do full weekend days if they'd just get rid of the stupid perforated grocery list pages. I still ordered my 2025 planner, but I'm thinking hard about switching in the future.

Planner One: This is the small company that had some issues with production on their 2024 planner and were a bit late sending it out. I wasn't sure how to use this one for the longest time, but it offers a lot of space. A lot! And I finally decided to journal in it. I wasn't sure how well I'd keep up with it, but I managed to hit nearly every day.

The more I wrote in this planner, the more I wanted it to be my everyday nerve center. Did I mention how much space it gives me?!? The only thing holding me back is that it's missing some of the features of my usual planner that I've come to rely on. I can probably get by without them, but, well, I don't want to. So I'm trying to come up with a way to fix this issue.

And yes, I most definitely ordered a 2025 version of this planner the minute it went up for preorder. Even if I can't make it work as my actual daily planner, I can journal in it again.

And that summarizes my three planners. I found a new notebook company. I'm more frustrated with my usual planner than ever. I found a potential replacement if I can overcome one thing.