BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 07, 2018

My First Binge Watch

***I received no compensation of any kind from anyone for this post.***

I never binge-watch television shows. As much as I loved Limitless, I could only manage to watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time. It was an hour long show and time is short. Smugly, I was sure I could stop with only a few episodes of anything. And then I discovered The Good Place.

The first thing is that it's a half hour show, and because it's a broadcast network offering, each episode is only about 22 minutes long. And second, I started watching early enough on Saturday evening that I was able to binge all the way through season one and have it finished by about midnight or so. I'm a night owl and tend to stay up this late anyway on Saturdays.

I'll confess, however, that I probably wouldn't have quit at the very reasonable hour of midnight if season 2 had been available on Netflix. I howled with frustration when I realized only season 1 was available.

The first thing I did was search online for when season 2 would be available. Speculation was September 2018. This was in April. Seriously? Wait 5 months?

Eventually, I discovered that episodes 8-12 were available On Demand through my TV provider. Problem is partially solved, but what about episodes 1-7? Even Hulu only had episodes 8-12. Grrr. So frustrating to only have the back third of the season.

This is the kind of luck I have with TV shows.

I loved Limitless and discovered it only had one season because it had been cancelled. ::Sobs:: This is what always happens to me--if I love it, it's guaranteed to be cancelled. My only hope with The Good Place is that it's getting raves, so it should last. I hope. If not, sorry other fans of the show.