BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Living with Glasses

I wear glasses. I used to do contact lenses, but I had extended wear lenses for years and messed up my eyes. I can still wear contacts, but have opted not to do so and getting my eyes lasered scares me, so yes, I wear glasses.

The pair I have now are really cool. They're blue and tortoiseshell mixed with pink swashes across the top of the frames. I like them.

Mostly.

There are a number of inconveniences, but the thing I hate most? The coatings.

I've invested in pre-moistened lens wipes and use them multiple times a day, and no matter how many times I clean my glasses, the coatings will still smear up, making it annoying. In the past, I've gone without the coatings to avoid this issue, but I've grit my teeth and gone with it the past two years because it does work (I think) to cut down the glare when I drive. It's still irritating. I wish someone would create a coating that didn't mean glasses would be a mess 24/7.

On the plus side, though, I took my dad to get his glasses adjusted and the store had some super cute frames in! The lady working there remembers us and commented on how I headed right for the brand new, colorful frames they just got in. I do love my color.