BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 09, 2020

The Quest Continues

You'd think by now I'd be the most organized person on planet Earth. I have a daily planner, I have a kanban board, I have a weekly planner at my day job, but I am not organized. I struggle with this constantly. Trust me, you do not want to see what my office looks like after my attempt to clean it up.

The books in the picture to the left are my latest hope at keeping myself on track. There's a book for the series bible (I'm doing this in a spreadsheet right now). Another book for plotting (I tend to write by the seat of my pants and fix later). A scene planning book (I am not a plotter by nature, so haven't really done this before although I generally have an idea of what's coming next). And the final book is for research and notes. (I'm not sure how much I'll use this because I like keeping this information in OneNote, but we'll see.)

I've looked through all the books, but haven't started to use them yet. I'm kind of wondering if I should wait until I'm starting a new story, or use them mid-stream. The mental debate is ongoing. :-)