BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 08, 2020

Morning Panic of My Intro to an iOS 14 Change

Apple released iOS 14 recently. I delayed installing it for about a week, wanting any bugs to get fixed first, and then I put it on my phone. The Operating System worked perfectly as far as I could tell, but I had a different issue.

Bedtime.

I use my iPhone as my alarm clock and rely on Bedtime to wake up in the morning. I'd downloaded it on a Friday and needed to change the alarm for Saturday. Only the Bedtime tab was missing. I'd hoped they hadn't gotten rid of it, did an online search, and discovered it had been moved to Health. Um, okay. Makes more sense in the alarm section, but whatever.

So I adjusted the little round clock thing to wake up at 6:10 for grocery shopping and it was all good.

Monday was fine, too. I went to alarms, saw the wake up time as 6:10 and adjusted it for the work week.

Or so I thought.

I wasn't paying attention, so while I thought I'd changed the Bedtime alarm going forward, it was only for Monday. I found this out on Tuesday when I wok up at 6:08 and panicked! Why hadn't my alarm gone off on time???

I discovered that it was set for 6:10. That it was still on my Saturday schedule. This is not cool.

Hopping online, I did another search and found an Apple article about the new Bedtime. I learned a few things, but the most important one was that I could created different schedules for different days! This is a major win! No more scrolling the clock backward and forward for weekdays versus weekends! I only wish I'd discovered it without the oversleeping.

Because of the late wake up, I had a pajama day and showered at lunch. Good thing I'm still working from home and good thing I never go live on my camera for meetings. I use a still image instead.