BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, December 03, 2020

Major Aggravation

I have a few games on my phone. It's great for waiting for doctor's appointments or whatever. There's one super annoying thing about these play for "free" games, though. Okay, there's more than one annoying thing, but there's only one I plan to talk about today.

Sometimes these "free" games will give you a free spin or whatever in exchange for watching an ad. Usually the ad is for another game, but sometimes it's for something else. I'm not in love with this, but I am willing to watch an ad if I choose to do it in exchange for whatever I need in the game--an extra spin, five more moves, whatever.

My problem with this is the ads that force open the app store. There are no words for how much I hate this. Any game that does this? I automatically will NEVER download your game even if it looks like something I'd love.

In all honesty, the odds are against my downloading the game anyway. I don't want to junk up my phone with crap. I only have 3 games on my phone and I almost never open 2 of them. I've tried others and removed them. I'm looking for something to pass the time while I'm waiting. Or if we ever get back to normal or something close to it, and I go back to the gym again, I want something I can play while I'm using the equipment.

In any case, do not open anything on my damn phone. I'm watching your ad, I'm not giving you permission to force my app store open. Gah!

Apple should seriously do something about this. I've done a couple of online searches and found something that allegedly works--turning on parental controls while using one of these game apps with the ads--but I keep forgetting to turn it on. :-( Until a expletive deleted ad opens the app store again.