BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My Problem Children

 

My problem children are my characters. Seriously. They're messing with me.

The hero who is supposed to come after Griff's book isn't saying a word to me. Not one word! Yes, I am still writing Griff and Cat's book, but usually, the next one up starts giving me hints about himslef by this stage in the lineup.

His heroine has been mum, too.

You know who's talking? One of the team members that is supposed to be in a second Paladin League story arc. I call it Trilogy Two in my head. He shouldn't be talking to me yet!

All of which is making me wonder if this isn't my next hero after all.

This is going to mess up timelines and make me scramble to rearrange everything. I'm still trying to push back with the guys, but it isn't making any difference. "Mister I'm not talking to you" remains quiet and "Mister you're not supposed to be up yet" is telling me all kinds of things.

Why do I have a feeling that I'm the one who is going to lose this argument?