BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, March 18, 2021

The Notebook Problem

I might have mentioned I have a problem with notebooks. I love them and buy them even when I have no need for them.

Someone posted a link to some really cute hardcover notebooks and I toodled over just to look at them. Look, not buy. But they were so cute! I couldn't resist. I ordered two of them.

I thought they were coming from South Korea. Yes, I know, but they were cute! It turns out they were shipping from China. I wasn't sure what I was getting, but the quality was excellent and the shipping time from China to the US wasn't bad. However, it did take my package 2.5 weeks to go from a post office facility 30 miles from my house, to my mailbox. :-/

The books came in boxes that were gorgeous. I'm going to have to keep them even after I start using them.

The paper is very thick, I believe 160 gsm, which is the thickest I've ever bought before this. I really don't need that kind of thickness since I don't do watercolors or any other kind of art. Sadly, I have zero artistic talent and will only use them for writing, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the paper.

These are for bullet journaling, so there are dots and not lines. I miss the pre-made index that a lot of bullet journals have these days, but that's a minor quibble. There is the elastic strap that keeps the book closed and two ribbons to mark where you're at.

There's a pocket in the back of the books which is a feature I really appreciate. I have another book that I actually am using right now and it doesn't have that folder in back, something I really needed. And both notebooks came with paperclips in shapes. If you can see in the top picture, that one is copper and in the shape of a planet.

The other amazing thing is the page edges. OMG!


I'm trying to get over my "these are too nice to use" mindset, but wow, they are almost too nice to use. I still have them stored in their boxes, waiting for something important enough to use them for.