BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Word of the Year

I don't think I talked about my word of the year for 2021 yet. At first, I didn't think I was going to do a word of the year. Then I thought I would go with 2020's phrase since it was such a weird year and it probably wouldn't hurt to refocus on that.

But I had a phrase going through my head over and over and I realized it was important for 2021. Hmm, I thought, maybe I'll go with another phrase this year.

As I was debating it, someone in one of my planning groups posted a link to a website that helps people come up with their word of the year. (Please don't ask me what it is. I didn't save it and it's a group with a lot of activity so looking for it would be hard.) I went to this website and answered the questions. One of them had an answer that was my exact phrase. At the end of the quiz, it offered a number of options.

I chose Believe.

This is about believing in myself. Trusting that I'm enough.

Every year since 2019, I've printed the word out in vinyl and put it up on my office wall, right in the middle of my kanban board. The picture above is my word. The sun was coming in the windows when I took the picture, making the gold vinyl shine.

So this is my word of 2021. I hope that I can embrace this energy and believe in me.