BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Series Notes

 

I know just last week in my blog about blogging, I mentioned not liking to talk about series for the risk of disappointing someone. And yet, here I am, about to talk about the Paladin League series anyway. Hopefully, this doesn't cause anyone any angst.

With that said, I do have plans for the Paladin League. Ryder and Finn have already been released. Griff is up next. And the series closes out with Kyle.

Kyle was really quiet through the first two books. A lot of times, characters talk to me long before it's time for their stories. Kyle did not.

Because of this, I felt as if I didn't know him real well. Clearly, I needed to fix this, so I sent him to work with Griff. This worked. Kyle is a smart ass. I haven't had a hero like this since Deke from IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR. But his smart assery is different than Deke's. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I can feel it. Maybe it's because he's quieter than Deke was? Or maybe he only seems quieter because I haven't written him yet. Deke was book 1 in the Light Warriors series, so I knew him from the start.

But I've been enjoying getting to know Kyle as much as I have. I'm sure no one is surprised to hear that Griff is dominating his own book (as he should be!).

Kyle also has this sense of observing others around him. He's not detached because he does care about people, but he's able to see the bigger picture at the same time. Maybe that's the way to describe this. While everyone is lost in the weeds, he has an eagle-eye view.

Of course, I'm sure he'll lose perspective when he meets his own heroine.

It's interesting, though, to observe Kyle observing others. I'm glad that he's still a bit in the future because I don't feel as if I can write him as a main character. Not yet. But I already have the cover for his book, so Kyle is definitely up next even if I have to dive in head first.