BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 01, 2021

Out of Sync

If you've read Wicked Intention, you know that the second to last chapter in the book introduces Griff's story. If you read the preview after Finn's story, you also know that the first chapter of Wicked Salvation is this scene from Finn's book, just told from Griff's Point of View.

I wish now that I'd never done this.

It's been exceedingly difficult to keep the two versions in sync.

First, as I revised Finn's story before it was released, things kept changing and I continually had to update the preview to match it. Second, as I wrote Griff's story, the first chapter was tweaked. And third, now that I'm doing revisions with my editor for Wicked Salvation, there have been more changes. This means I'm going to have to go back to Finn's book and fix it there, too.

It was easier when I teased Finn's story because it was the guys talking about Finn heading to Los Angeles because of a woman--who might or might not shoot him on sight.

Of course, there really was no other way to do Griff's story. It needed to start where it did and to hint at it, the opening needed to be at the end of Finn's book. So, yes. Here we are with syncing issues.

Once Griff's book is finished and for sale and I have Finn's book updated to match, everything should settle down and the syncing will stop, but it's reaching this point that's a pain.