BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Docking Station Surprise

I've had a docking station for my Windows laptop for a long time. I bought it and a pair of monitors so that I could have two screens going. I was able to use this same setup when I work from home and this was a huge bonus.

The only negative? My MacBook Pro wouldn't work with the docking station. Not completely. I could use the keyboard and the mouse, but not the monitors.

Recently, I started searching online, wondering if someone made a docking station that would work with both a Windows and Mac laptop. I found one and was checking it out, when I saw a link to the same brand I was using currently and it was cheaper.

I clicked the link.

Imagine my surprise when it said that I'd bought this docking station already. This was my docking station? I checked which Mac OS versions it worked with and mine was listed.

I plugged in the MacBook again, but still no monitors. Epiphany struck. Maybe I needed to download some drivers. I headed to the manufacturer's website, downloaded the Mac drivers, and it worked! This is hugely exciting because formatting my ebooks just became much, much easier.

No more plugging and unplugging one monitor from the docking station to my Mac. Now I can use three screens! The two on my desktop and the MacBook's.

The timing of the discovery was also awesome because I'm about to start formatting Wicked Salvation as I write this (Saturday).