BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Wicked Salvation: 10 More Days!

As of today, there are 10 days until the release of Wicked Salvation!

On my website, is a preview of the book. It's a draft version of the first chapter and I'll have to take time to update it, but at the moment I'm busy getting the book itself ready to upload to Amazon. This preview, though, is from Griff's POV.

I thought I'd share a little bit from Cat's Point of View. This is the start of chapter two.

Cat Jasarevic was in no mood to deal with this caveman. Her day had started out shitty and gotten progressively worse. Tall, dark, and dangerous tossing her over his shoulder and carrying her out of El Taller was only the latest problem. He wasn’t even her biggest worry, although he was certainly the most pressing.

It was tempting to reach into her purse, pull out her gun, and demand he move aside, but she was reasonably certain it wouldn’t rattle him. This kind of man had seen the business end of a pistol more than once. He probably had her outgunned, anyway.

She didn’t say anything. He’d kidnapped her—let him start the conversational ball rolling. Instead, Cat sized up her adversary. The mercenary was around her age, maybe a little older, and a couple of inches over six feet with nearly black hair. It was longish, falling into his face in front and past his collar in back. His chin and cheeks were covered with stubble. Not a beard, not yet, but he wasn’t too many days away. He also had the brightest, bluest eyes she’d ever seen. Contact lenses, she decided, curling her lip.

His shoulders were broad, his arms muscular, and his ass was incredible. She’d had time to appreciate it while hanging over his shoulder. His face—damn. He had full lips, high cheekbones, a strong chin, and the man was so flipping handsome simply staring at him made her warm. Cat shifted, folding her arms over her chest. “Well?” she demanded.

“You know, I never bought into the dumb blonde stereotype, but you’re making me rethink it.” The casual tone added to the insult.

“What?” The word came out tight, but she’d gritted her teeth.

“You heard me.”

“You listen here, mister—”

“No, you listen,” he interrupted her. The man leaned in, looming over her. “You sashayed into El Taller as if it were some country club. That was bad enough, but the fact you were fucking oblivious to what was going on in there is what has me the most pissed off.”

“I was not oblivious.” Her arms dropped to her sides as she leaned forward to glare at him.

“No? So you knew you were about to get gang raped?”

Cat staggered back a step, feeling as if she’d been sucker punched. “You’re lying,” she said, but she suspected he wasn’t.

“The hell I am.” The mercenary ran a hand through the top of his hair, pushing it off his face. It fell back over his forehead. “You’re lucky my buddy and I were there when you walked in. He ran interference for me so I could get you out safely.”

“There were other women there.”

“Yeah, sex workers who pay the owner for protection. If you’d been ten minutes later, we would have been gone, and you would have been in a world of trouble.” He shook his head. “What the fuck were you thinking?”

He sounded disappointed. Who the hell was he to judge her? Irritation stormed back, pushing fear aside. “I can take care of myself.”

“Sure you can. I was able to haul you out of the bar and corner you in this alcove. Try again, Blondie.”