BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 07, 2021

Notebook Dilemma Continues

I thought I had my notes problem for my books sorted out. I'd found these junk journals online and they were thick, with plenty of room for notes. The problem? These were made for art or keepsake/scrapbooking type uses, not handwritten notes.

What I discovered was that some of the papers in there really needed a thick marker in order for the words to be seen and I don't like writing in marker. I have my pen of choice and don't want to use a different one.

These junk journals really are cool--just not for my notes.

I ended up buying some notebooks with really nice paper. OMG, I love the paper quality. I'm not sure, though, (despite how cool they are) that this is my permanent answer either.

I'm using the green notebook in this picture for Paladin League notes right now. (I had it personalized with Paladin League on it rather than my name.) But it's not that thick and I anticipate running through it pretty quickly because I make a lot of notes as I write. It's how I think things through.

This continues my ongoing notebook problem. I can't find a thick, spiral-bound notebook with paper that I love. Well, that's not quite true. I did find one that was perfect. So (of course) Poppin stopped making it. I'd only bought one because I wanted to try it out before I committed to more, and by the time I realized it was exactly what I wanted, they were gone. I found one on eBay and bought it, but when I fill that one up, there are no more.

What notebooks is Poppin still making? Their thin ones that don't have enough paper and their ones that are bound. I tried one of those, but much prefer the spiral for story notes.

BTW, the original Poppin notebook is filled with Paladin League notes. It filled up right about the time I finished Wicked Salvation. I actually had to put my revision notes in the new (green) notebook.