BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

New Year, New Planner

I've started using my new planner this month. This is the first time I've switched planner companies in six or seven years because my other planner was so awesome. Until they went and took too much real estate away from the part of the planner I need the most.

The new planner is bigger than the old one. They did have a smaller size, but I thought I'd like having the extra room to write things down. And I do. I can actually write my Saturday to do list one item per line. On my old planner, I had to write it two items per line.

But the bigger size also presents a problem. I keep the planner on the corner of my pulled out desk drawer. With the smaller size, it was stable to write on it in that location. The new size? Not as stable and I find myself moving it the desktop to write.

My old planner also had these handy dandy pre-printed places to record water, sleep, and vitamins. I had to buy stickers for the new planner, and since I want them in the same location each day, parts of the planner are bulging up and it's difficult to write in it for this reason, too.

Then there's the stickers themselves. The water sticker is made more for coloring in and I prefer to simply draw a line through my water drop. I'm making an X now, so I can see it, but, yeah. The sleep tracker is also meant to record time to bed and time I woke up, not hours and minutes, which is what I prefer because my Fitbit keeps that information for me.

At this point, I'm ambivalent about whether or not I like this planner. There are pluses (the space!) and minuses (not as convenient or awesome without the pre-printed check offs). Right now, I'm kind of hoping that when my old planner company revises for 2023 that they take it back to the way I liked it and that I can return to them.