BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Another One Down

I've been doing virtual races, although I'm not sure you can call them races--exactly--since they cover hundreds of miles and I just plug away at them.

I finished the Cote D'Azur either at the end of February or the very beginning of March--I can't remember which--and I received my medal in the mail! That little sign is on a hinge that opens and closes. (This company doesn't mail out the medal until the racer completes their course, so Iceland hung out there forever!)

The previous race was Iceland, which took forever. This one was short in comparison and it felt like I flew through it. I'm working on Easter Island now which is even shorter than the Cote D'Azur, so I should have another medal to share shortly.

I paid for two more challenges with this company and I'm trying to think about what I want to do when I finish the island.

I've also tried races from another company and their app is so freaking frustrating! It's a 100K race, but I've only been able to get my distance to record once! Grrr. They have some super cool medals/races and I would love to do more, but I do not want to fight with their app any longer. The plus side is that this company will mail the medal out before the race, so I really don't need to use their app.

BTW, when I added up my distances manually, I'd gone 132K, so I earned my 100K medal and then some.

I also tried a third company that mails out the medals immediately. Their medals are plastic, which I don't like. I have those medals in a drawer because I haven't completed those distances yet. Instead, I've been working on these other challenges.

Sometime soon, I'll share the medal from the race with the frustrating app. I think their problem is they're a fitness app and tried to squeeze the challenges into the same app. What they should have done was created a completely separate app. JMO.