BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 07, 2022

Under the Radar

It's been a while since I've talked about writing here, but I don't like talking about what I'm actually working on. At least not very much. It's like if I talk about it, some of the energy gets sapped away and I never want to drain energy from a Work In Progress (WIP).

And I try not to mention future projects I'd like to write because some of the ones I've mentioned in the past are hanging out there, years later. That feels unfair to you guys.

So maybe I'll talk about a scene I've seen with the lady musketeers. I probably won't write it because there's no room for it in any of the books, but it amused me when I saw it.

As an FYI, my characters rarely provide help that's actually helpful. Guidance for the scene I'm working on or will be working on next? Nothing. Not a peep. Scenes that will never get written and don't fit in the book(s)? Those I get a ton of. I got another bedroom scene between Finn and Zo a few weeks back. This isn't the first one, BTW. Can I use them? Of course not. I'm finished with their book.

So the guys are out somewhere. I'm not clear on where they went, but it might have been a game. The four heroines are together. Langley and Zo have been with their guys for years, but Cat and Mari have a much, much shorter time with Griff and Kyle.

I'm not sure how the topic pops up, but Langley mentions how slutty the guys were before falling for them and they're asked to guess who was the sluttiest of the men.

Griff, of course, came up immediately, but he's not the correct answer.

Of the four men, Finn is the sluttiest of them, but he's more low key than Griff is and a lot of the women in his past flew under everyone's radar.

Zo knows about Finn and so did Langley. It was Cat and Mari who didn't guess the correct musketeer. :-)

Now you know. And Finn is a Capricorn, so once he met Zo, he was done. Completely, 100% faithful, so it's easy for her to be amused by it because they trust each other absolutely. I'll admit, though, that until this exchange, I would have chosen Griff, too, although there were hints in Wicked Intention.