BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Podcasts That Are Not Organization

With the organization podcasts a complete fail, I did some online searches for entertaining podcasts that had nothing to do with decluttering.

This was a pain in the butt. So many crime and murder podcasts. No thank you.

I finally found about four or so to try out, plus I found a podcast I used to listen to and love.

The one I used to listen and love was You Must Remember This and it's about old Hollywood. The host does a lot of research and she presents a fascinating look into the legends of the silver screen. When I listened, most of the episodes were about the 1930s and 1940s, but I see the newer episodes expand the time she covers.

Now onto the other podcasts. One of them also had a historical bent. The host would look at historical events and decide who was to blame. I made it through the first episode on the Titanic. It was okay, but superficial. The second episode was on the plague. I got halfway through and deleted the podcast. Again, there was no historical insight into anything. The blame board had entries like "rats" and "fleas." No, duh. I didn't need to listen to know this. Maybe the newer episodes got better? I didn't listen to those.

Another podcast was produced by what looked to be public radio in NYC. I think. I'm not familiar with the stations there. This one I'll actually name because I nearly kept it in my podcast list. Almost. So close, but ultimately I decided it would languish and I deleted it. The podcast is Radiolab. The premise is that they ask deep questions and use investigative journalism to answer them.

The episode I listened to was titled: The Worst Year Ever and it looked at the year 536 A.D. There was volcanic eruptions, famine, the sun was blocked by ash in the atmosphere, etc. It was interesting enough, but when I looked at other episodes, I didn't see anything that grabbed me and that's when I decided it wasn't worth hanging on to.

And the other couple podcasts? I can't even remember what they were called. I made it part way through one episode and deleted. I literally have no memory of them, that's how forgettable they were.