BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 16, 2022

The Old Is New Again?

Apologies. Another blog post on podcasts. I'm deep into revisions and choosing the easiest topics for me to blog about.

After I failed to find any new podcasts (I'm not counting the one I used to listen to and forgot about), I looked at the podcasts in my app.

I turned off checking for new podcasts on all of them because when I work from home, I don't usually listen to podcasts. My office is nice and quiet. When I'm forced to go to the office, I listen to podcasts pretty much all day long to attempt to block out the noise and chaos. Open office seating is a bunch of BS.

This was an interesting flashback.

When I turn off the check for updates automation, I frequently go and manually update when I'm looking for something to listen to. Most of these podcasts hadn't been updated since before the pandemic hit.

When I did update them, I discovered some of them have gone defunct. I'm not positive, but I think it's all the podcasts this one new podcast studio produced. They were less than a year old (or barely more than a year old) when the pandemic hit. I don't know. Maybe the new company couldn't survive?

I also ended up deleting a few of these podcasts. If I hadn't listened to them in two plus years, did I really still need to have them on my app?

I should have deleted a lot more, but I knew if I did, I'd forget about them completely (like I did the podcast I mentioned in Tuesday's post) and I didn't want to do that. I am going to make more of an effort to listen to some of them.

Also, I shouldn't have even needed to look for podcasts. I have two on my app that are active downloads that I got super backed up on during the pandemic. One has 60 episodes and the other 80. I definitely have enough to listen to, but I didn't feel like either one of them.