BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Adventures With Laundry

So this happened.

My dad asked me to wash his white undershirts. I don't own any clothes that need to be washing in hot water, so the only time I do is when he needs a load done.

With a lot on my plate for the weekend, I messaged him on Friday and I said, hey, why don't you put what you want washed in the machine and I'll do it when I get home from work.

And that's what I did. I put down my tote bag and phone, and headed back to the laundry room. I briefly thought about wearing my work clothes while I was pouring bleach, but every other time I'd done my dad's white clothes wearing around-the-house clothes, I never got bleach on me. Why would it happen today?

Guess what?

I still don't know how the bleach sloshed onto my polo shirt, but it did. In more than one place. The shirt was ruined pretty much instantly.

Next time? I will 100% change clothes before touching the bleach. Lesson has been learned.