BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, September 01, 2022

Scottish North Coast

Yes, more virtual races! The Torres Del Paine was a short race that didn't take much time to complete. Sadly, there was no street view and that's one of the things I enjoy most about the challenges. There were virtual postcards. They also had a thing where there were pictures of local attractions with information about them.

My current race is a long one. The North Scottish Coast Challenge. This one does have street views and I'm including a shot below of my phone. The very top is the header for the race. The next section is the map of what I'm walking. The next area is the street view. Look at that gorgeous water!

I'm only 14% along in this race, so it's going to take a while before I finish and get my medal mailed to me, but I'm very goal oriented, so having something to work toward--a medal--keeps me motivated.

I keep signing up for more races from this company because everything works and works smoothly for me. There's another race company who has super cool challenges, but they've incorporated these into their normal fitness app. And their app never worked right for me on the challenges. I kept getting emails from them about not making any progress on the race when I'd already completed the distance. It was frustrating. It's too bad they don't create a separate app like the one from the company I like so much.