BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Dusted

It's been cold in the office. I reported it at work, but the people who sit around me would rather wear a jacket than get the heat fixed, so I'm freezing. And then I saw this sweater online. Duster length.

Perfect! It'll keep my legs warm, too.

You know in the back of my head, I remembered that models are tall and that I am not tall. But for some reason I was sure the duster length would be just fine on me since it wasn't too long on the model. I know, I know.

Well, the duster came today and I excitedly put it on. It's different than my usual style and that was part of the excitement. And as you might have guessed, it was too long for me, almost reaching my ankles. Dusters are supposed to hit, what? Mid-calf?

Okay, I thought, this is still okay. I'm not tripping over anything. And then I looked in the mirror. My super cool duster sweater looks like a bathrobe. In no small part because of the length.

Crushing disappointment.

And of course, because it's a sweater, there's no way to cut it down to make it shorter. I've decided not to return it. I need something warm for at home, too. I just never expected to have a knit bathrobe.