BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Tote Bag Hell

In 2016 (!!!), I bought this tote bag and I love, love, love, love it! The two pockets in the back are everything and elevate the bag for me to the nth degree.

Only now, the bag is starting to become a little worn on the bottom corners. I'm thinking about buying another to replace it. Only the site I bought this from doesn't have this bag anymore. Oh, they still have canvas tote bags that look exactly like this, but without the handy interior pockets.

Somehow, and I'm not sure how, Instagram picked up on my interest in tote bags and my feed suddenly exploded with ads.

Okay, I thought, if I can find something similar, it doesn't need to be the same brand.

I thought this tote bag had been a little expensive (which is why I hadn't bought a back-up bag), but that was nothing compared to the bags I was shown on Instagram. Most were several hundred dollars and ther was one that was more than $900. Nearly $1000 for a tote bag???? You've got to be kidding me!

In the past, I blogged about making my own tote bag, but after messing around with the pencil bag and all the issues I had with that, I'm a little leery about making my own tote and seriously, the one I own is perfect if I could just find another exactly like it to replace this one.

I searched online, looking for a comparable tote, but a lot of them have special sections for laptops. I don't need that. Others had the pockets toward the bottom of the bag. I tried one of those already and didn't like it at all. Most have only a single, zippered pocked on the inside. I never use that zippered pocket, so not what I'm looking for.

Seriously, I never realized how hard it would be to replace this one simple bag. If I'd known that, I'd have bitten the bullet and bought two from the start.