BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, December 01, 2022

The Non-Delivery Delivery

I had a subscribe and save shipment that was delayed. Twice. Finally, though, it was out for delivery. I was at work when I received the notification that it was left near the garage.

And then when I got home, my dad came out to meet me in the garage. There was a package delivered, but it belonged to a neighbor, not to us.

We were going to drive it over, but it was a large box and it was stamped fragile. I didn't want to be responsible if something broke, so I contacted UPS and said, hey, we have the wrong package and mine is missing.

You might remember if you've read this blog for a while that I had a previous adventure with FedEx. I feared the worst.

But UPS was much, much different. Almost as soon as I closed my Twitter window, my phone was ringing. After giving the woman the information she needed, I received an email with a confirmation number telling me the misdelivered package would be picked up the next day.

I began to doubt as the morning became afternoon, but sometime after two pm, UPS arrived. The driver took the box and delivered it to the neighbor. Cool. One thing down.

But my package was still missing.

And when I arrived home from the office the next day, there it was! Holy crap was there a huge difference between dealing with FedEx and dealing with UPS. I will sing the praises of UPS for the foreseeable future because of the way they handled this issue.