BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 06, 2023

Boxed In

Quick post today. 

I wanted to visualize my plot a little better and I remembered a few books ago I used an artist's sketchpad and drew in boxes with a ruler. That got me thinking that there must be a quicker way. Like on a computer.

Word came to mind, so I opened the program and thought about how to set it up. And then I thought there must be a quicker way. Surely someone else wanted boxes on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.

I'll do an online search.

It took a couple of different tries with the search site, but I finally found exactly what I wanted at Printable Paper.

They had all kinds of templates available for free, but the one I needed was in the comic section. The link above goes to the template I'm using.

 

Here's a picture I took before I wrote anything except the chapter numbers on the page. I also marked some percentages in the chapter boxes to give myself a general guideline of how far I'm into the story.

Will I do this for every book? Probably not, but I liked it for this one. There's only room for a sentence or two, but that was all I wanted. Now in a glance, I know what happened when.